The North Wales Economic Ambition Board (NWEAB) is a collaborative group of private and public organisations in North Wales committed to promoting economic growth in Anglesey, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Gwynedd and Wrexham.
We've expanded in recent years, working with more partners…including local colleges, universities in Bangor and Wrexham, and the North Wales Business Council.
We work closely with Welsh Government, and our key objectives include encouraging business investment into North Wales, helping local firms tap into supply chain opportunities, and encouraging work-related skills in the region.
Road, Rail, Sea, Air
North Wales is part of the UK, bordering Cheshire, Shropshire and the West Midlands in England and Ceredigion and Powys in Mid Wales.
We’re well connected by road, rail, air and sea.
Manchester and Liverpool airports are just 45 minutes’ away and Holyhead Port provides regular ferries to Ireland.
You can be in London in two-and-half hours by train.
And the A55 and A483 plug the region straight into the UK’s motorway networks, including the M53, M56 and M6.
Regional Local Transport Plan
The Joint Local Transport Plan is a statutory document prepared by the six North Wales councils.
It aims to support economic growth in the region by helping to deliver sustainable and effective transport networks.
The plan tackles some key issues for North Wales, including:
- The need for strong transport links to the rest of the UK to support businesses and jobs.
- The lack of resilience across road and rail networks to planned and unplanned events, including extreme weather.
- The need for good access to and between the three Enterprise Zones in North Wales.
- The lack of viable alternatives to the car to access key employment sites and other services.
- The need for good links from trunk roads into rural areas, to help retain the viability of local businesses and communities.
Download the plan
You can download an 'executive summary' of the plan (a condensed version that covers the key points) or the full version.
You can also request key supporting documents referenced in the plan, including appendices.
Contact us, and we'll send you the documents you need - or put you in touch with someone who can help.